Milk is a popular choice for many people, as it is the foremost part of their daily dietary plan. Unfortunately, it’s not digestible for many because of its high-fat content and lactose sugar presence, so there are plenty of non-dairy alternatives available in the market, and one of them is skimmed milk powder, which is low in fat but rich in protein and never comprises on health factors.
Cutting out the fat doesn’t mean you need to compromise on nutrition. Skimmed Milk Powder is fat-free with all essential nutrients required by the body, including calcium for strong bones and protein to support muscle development. It is a perfect beverage partner if you are looking to maintain your calories count or enjoy lighter-tasting milk. Skimmed milk powder is used as a substitute for fresh milk and used as a component by the manufacturers to produce a variety of processed food products. Some people might get confused about SMP, since they think it is not nutritional as regular fresh milk as it is in powder form. Below down are the answers to your queries.
Is Skimmed Milk Powder Healthy?
- It comes with the same nutritional value as fresh milk does. It provides bone-building nutrients such as protein, calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin A.
- It is a good source of protein and you can even add it to your recipes to increase the protein content, and it is beneficial for people with health conditions who need extra protein.
- Studies show that the high protein content in skimmed milk powder helps the body to build muscles much faster than regular milk.
- Also, low-fat milk contains essential amino acids, and these acids are fundamental building blocks that help us create and maintain lean muscles.
5 Things you can do with SMP
- In making baking goods that use milk
- Premix the dry ingredients for biscuits, pancakes, hot chocolate, waffles, muffins, or loaves and replace the fresh milk with SMP milk powder. Remember to add the water to the wet ingredients when you are ready to bake.
- Tip – Replace half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for adding healthy nutrients while making a mix.
- Cook with powdered milk
Use powdered milk in recipes where you would like to use fresh milk such as:
- Macaroni and cheese
- Bread pudding and rice pudding
- Fresh toast and quiche
- Homemade or canned low sodium soups
- Oatmeal, cream of wheat, seven-grain hot cereal
- Scalloped mashed potato
- Milk-based sauces
- In beverages
- After mixing milk powder with water, it becomes regular milk to be used to prepare milkshakes, smoothies, and other milk goods.
- Milk drinks and milk chocolate can be less burdensome regarding calories when made with skimmed milk powder.
1. Boost the nutritional content in every food
Add the spoonful of skimmed milk powder to recipes for extra protein and vitamins. Try it in:
- Pasta sauce and lasagna
- Vegetable soups or chowders
2. Carry conveniently on trips
Powdered milk is shelf-stable for up to three months after opening, and we can carry it wherever we want. Be conscious as it should be store in a cool and dry place for longer life.
As you can see, there is nothing bad about skimmed milk powder. It is the powerhouse of health benefits. In fact, for some people, it will be even more beneficial than regular milk. So, if you are looking for the best dairy companies in India, one of them is Nova Dairy, and it is among the best milk brand names in the Indian market. It offers the best quality dairy products along with skimmed milk powder. It’s up to you to choose which option you prefer. Now that you know all the details about skimmed milk, its advantages, and its nutrition, you can make your own wise decision.