Essential Things to Know About Breast Implants
The popularity of cosmetic plastic surgery, specifically breast enhancements, has been steadily rising in recent years. The number of breast enhancements procedures has been increasing more and more each year. Breast enhancements are traditionally and primarily done with implants. Women tend to get breast implants to achieve larger and fuller breast sizes. It can be done for cosmetic reasons such as fixing asymmetry or reconstructive reasons such as after breast cancer mastectomy. If you have any queries, you can visit the best East Windsor breast implants experts for assistance.
What Are The Available Breast Implants Types?
The two primary breast implants types are:
- Saline implants – Saline-filled implants have silicone shells filled with sterile saltwater or saline; in case of the uncommon event that the implant leaks, the saline is absorbed into the body.
- Silicone implants – Silicone gel-filled implants are silicone shells filled with medical-grade gel. The implants look and feel more natural than the saline implants.
Who Can Get Breast Implants?
A healthy individual over 18 is eligible to receive saline implants. However, the FDA recommends that an individual receive silicone implants and should be above the age of 22.
The best candidates to receive breast implants are:
- Healthy with a stable weight
- Should not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Fully informed about the implant procedure and has realistic expectations.
What Is The Cost of The Procedure?
The total cost of a breast implant procedure depends on:
- The location you have the process done
- The type of implant done
- The doctor who does the procedure
A breast augmentation procedure can range from $5000 – $10000. Health insurance service providers do not usually cover breast augmentation costs.
Finding the Right Surgeon for You
Before you have any surgery done, it is vital to find a well-qualified and experienced plastic surgeon who can handle the surgery well and ensure the best results are achieved. It is best to research your options wisely and compile a list of surgeons with a good reputation and excellent surgery results.
You can talk to others who have undergone breast surgery procedures. It would also help consult your physician or gynecologist to receive expert advice. Before picking the right surgeon for you, it would be best to meet with each doctor for a free consultation to determine the best option.
Some critical factors to consider when choosing a plastic surgeon include:
- Is the doctor certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Does the surgeon have experience in similar procedures?
- Is the institution transparent when it comes to feeding and costs?
- What measures are in place to ensure a safe surgery?
Risks Involved With Breast Implant Procedures
Some of the health risks associated with breast augmentation surgeries include:
- Implant leaks
- Formation of excessive scar tissue can lead to discomfort and pain
It is essential to be aware of the risks involved when considering having breast augmentation procedures. It is best to talk to the plastic surgeon about the risks involved and prepare in advance to minimize the risks associated with the process and alleviate any fears or concerns.