How Mold Affects Your Whole Body: All you need to Learn About Effects of Mold Illness.

Chances are, you’ve never heard of mold illness. But it’s something that more and more people are dealing with, and it can wreak havoc on your health. Here’s what you need to know about the effects of mold on your body.

Mold can grow anywhere there’s moisture — in our basements, bathrooms, and lungs! It’s part of our natural environment. Yet an infestation of mold in your home is bad news for your health.

It can be found almost everywhere but when it becomes a problem or a health concern, it needs to be taken care of which is why you need a mold illness expert to get rid of mold. But there is more to learn!

In this article, you’ll learn about mold illness symptoms and why do you need a mold illness expert to get rid of mold.

How Mold Exposure Affects Your Body

Exposure to too much mold can cause respiratory problems and other acute diseases. (Yes, you read that correctly.) Mold illness is caused by exposure to water-damaged buildings or environments that contain fungi, mycotoxins, or blue-green algae.

In addition to varying from person to person depending on the level of exposure, these symptoms often include:

  • Fatigue
  • Fever-like symptoms (chills and sweating)
  • Headaches and dizziness
  • Coughing up mucus in the morning (post-nasal drip)

Symptoms of Mold Illness

While mold is an important part of the natural environment, exposure to it can be harmful. Mold can irritate the skin, eyes, and lungs, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and headaches.

These exposures may also result in symptoms such as fatigue, feverishness, weight loss or gain, muscle aches/pain/stiffness/cramps; joint pain; cognitive dysfunction such as memory problems or difficulty concentrating or paying attention; depression with suicidal thoughts or attempts at suicide if you have any mental health issues, please seek help immediately!

When you breathe in mold spores or allergens (such as dust mites), they travel through the nose and into the sinuses, where they are trapped by mucus membranes lining these airways. This can cause allergic reactions such as sneezing or congestion, leading to coughing or wheezing if it becomes severe over time.

If too much moisture builds up inside your home because there isn’t enough ventilation outdoors, this also increases your risk for getting sick from exposure to mold spores indoors because there are more particles floating around than normal circumstances would allow for without having an impact on health issues later down the road (more about this later).

Is Mold Killing You?

If you have mold growing in your home and you live in a humid area, then it’s likely that the moisture is coming from somewhere. Mold can grow on almost any surface where there is moisture—including your carpets, walls, basement, and attic.

Mold spores are microscopic particles that are found everywhere in nature. When they land on a damp surface (like the wet wall of a bathroom shower or kitchen sink), they start to grow into colonies called mycelium. These colonies can produce allergens and irritants that can cause allergic reactions for some people or no symptoms at all for others.

Symptoms of Mold Issues

It is important to note that mold illness symptoms vary from person to person. The severity of the symptoms and their duration can vary greatly. Some people experience short-term irritability or depression, while others may have long-term health problems that require medical attention.

The most common physical symptoms include:

  • Headaches
  • Joint aches and pains
  • Fatigue (feeling tired) These are often accompanied by cognitive problems such as memory loss, difficulty concentrating, brain fog, or confusion.

Why do you need a mold exposure doctor?

While mold illness is undoubtedly a severe illness, it can be difficult to diagnose. Most doctors may not even know what your symptoms mean or how to treat them. This is why it’s essential to have an experienced mold illness expert on your side who can help you get better and get your life back in order.


We offer home and body mold testing if you suspect that you may have a mold-related illness but are unsure. We also recommend home mold testers. Our professional staff will take your sample and send it to our lab for testing. Once we receive the results, they will be available to you via email or phone call from one of our certified professionals specializing in this area of expertise.


Mold can be dangerous if you’re exposed to it in large enough quantities. If you’re dealing with mold or have symptoms of mold-related illness, it’s essential to get tested by a mold illness expert.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button