Non-Surgical Skin Tightening Treatments to Regain a Youthful Appearance
Skin laxity is one of the many side effects that develop as you grow older due to the decline in collagen and elastin production in the body. Your skin may become loose on your face, neck, stomach, and other parts of the body, altering your general physical appearance. Fortunately, cosmetic treatments such as Brighton skin tightening allow you to regain a youthful appearance. Thanks to newer technologies, there are now different less invasive procedures for you to choose from, including ultrasound skin tightening and radiofrequency treatments. If you have been looking for minimally invasive procedures to make your skin firmer, here is what you need to know.
Non-surgical skin tightening
Non-surgical skin tightening is an umbrella term for all cosmetic procedures that address mild to moderate skin laxity. Unlike surgical procedures, these treatments are less invasive and involve special devices to stimulate collagen production. Most of these devices use radiofrequency energy, laser energy, ultrasound energy, or a combination to improve skin laxity. While non-surgical treatments are used primarily on the face, they can be used on other body areas, including the arms, buttocks, abdomen, thighs, and neck.
Am I a good candidate for skin tightening?
You may need to book a consultation with your specialist to establish if you are an ideal candidate for the procedure. The doctor reviews your medical history during the consultation and ensures you are in good health. Expect to answer a few questions, including your motivation behind skin tightening and your desired outcomes. Discussing these with your doctor helps you manage your expectations and understand what the procedures can and cannot do. Here is why your doctor may advise against non-surgical skin tightening:
- You are after dramatic outcomes. Non-surgical procedures offer subtle results and may not be the best choice if you want more noticeable effects.
- You are pregnant.
- You are under non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and cannot stop the usage.
- You scar easily
What are the risks of non-surgical skin tightening?
These treatment methods usually cause mild to moderate side effects and rarely cause complications. Most of these side effects improve within hours or days after treatment, and examples include:
Sometimes patients may suffer from burns, especially if the procedure is not done right, making it essential to work with certified and skilled personnel.
Benefits of non-surgical skin tightening
- Non-surgical treatments offer more natural and progressive results since they use the body’s rejuvenation process. Your skin will not stretch in unnatural ways, but you can still expect an improvement in skin firmness.
- It helps you get rid of fine lines and wrinkles because treatment stimulates the body’s collagen production.
- The procedures used are less invasive and require no downtime since you can resume your daily duties. It is also safer and has a lower risk of complications than surgery.
- Most patients tolerate discomfort during treatment, and most treatments do not require anesthesia.
If your skin makes you cringe each time you look in the mirror, visit your specialist at Gago Wellness for skin tightening to regain a youthful look.