We all know that a big, radiant smile and straight teeth can positively affect our confidence and wellbeing. So if you have crooked teeth and hear of a treatment called Invisalign that can correct your misalignment and provide you with that beautiful smile, why wouldn’t you consider it? Invisalign near you is a fairly new orthodontic treatment that uses custom-made, clear, removable aligners to gradually move your teeth into the correct position. It is an excellent alternative to traditional metal braces and is becoming an increasingly popular choice for teenagers and adults when it comes to orthodontic treatment. Read on to learn more about how you can benefit from Invisalign in Red Deer.
How Does Invisalign Work?
As already mentioned, Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that aligns teeth, but how does it do that?
Invisalign uses a series of aligners that are custom-made by your Red Deer dentist and their team using impressions of your mouth to change the position of your teeth. While traditional metal braces use fixed brackets and archwires to pull the teeth into alignment, Invisalign uses this series of aligners to place pressure on your teeth and encourage them to move into a new, more desirable position.
One of the best parts about Invisalign is that your dentist can use specialized computer technology to map out your entire smile transformation from start to finish, so you can see what your end result will look like before you even begin your treatment!
What is the Major Difference Between Invisalign and Traditional Metal Braces?
Traditional metal braces and Invisalign aligners are both intended to improve your smile’s appearance and overall oral health by aligning your teeth. While dental professionals have used traditional metal braces for decades, Invisalign is a newer orthodontic treatment that is designed to make the aligning process more convenient and discreet. Here are some of the main differences between traditional metal braces and Invisalign:
- Visible vs. Clear: While Invisalign aligners are made from clear plastic, which makes them virtually invisible to others, traditional metal braces come with metal brackets, wires, and elastics, making for a much more obvious aligning treatment. For those that wish for a more discrete aligning treatment, Invisalign is an appealing option.
- Treatment Time: While this varies based on your individual situation, Invisalign treatment typically takes much less time than the typical treatment time for traditional metal braces. While Invisalign takes about 6-18 months on average, traditional braces tend to take closer to 2 years.
- Convenience: Invisalign can be removed from the mouth whenever you need, but they must be worn for at least 22 hours a day for the best results. On the other hand, traditional braces cannot be removed, meaning that patients will have to restrict their diet to eliminate sticky and hard foods and relearn how to clean their teeth around their brackets.
- Cost: Invisalign tends to be more expensive than traditional braces, but you should speak to one of our dentists at Gaetz Dental for a full cost estimate before deciding which treatment is best for you.
Who is Best Suited for Invisalign?
Invisalign is suited for almost any patient who wants to improve their smile and enhance their oral health with properly aligned teeth. Invisalign is best suited to adults and teenagers:
- Teenagers: Invisalign can work to correct most cases of misalignment in teenagers. Invisalign is ideal for teenagers because they use clear, smooth aligners to help them achieve a stunning smile and boost their confidence. Since teenagers are typically quite self-conscious, the benefit of discrete, clear aligners makes Invisalign the ideal choice for these young patients.
- Adults: More and more adults are visiting our dental clinic near you to correct their smiles and take control over their oral health. Since those who undergo Invisalign will not have to attend their dental clinic for tightening sessions the way that those who have traditional dental braces do, it is an ideal treatment for adults looking for a flexible aligning procedure that fits with their busy work schedules. Additionally, Invisalign allows adults to maintain a professional appearance in the workplace while transforming their smiles.
Those that require corrective work on their molars or back teeth may not be viable candidates for Invisalign. The best way to find out if you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign is to visit a dental clinic for a comprehensive evaluation performed by a dental professional.
Interested in Invisalign?
If you have a crooked smile and are interested in learning more about Invisalign, and if it is right for you, please get in touch with our team of dedicated dental professionals at Gaetz Dental. We are happy to provide you with a comprehensive dental evaluation to determine if Invisalign is right for you. Please do not hesitate to contact our office and book a consultation today!