Previously ketamine was used as a pediatric anesthetic. However, this drug continues to show impeccable progress in treating mental disorders like depression, anxiety, and PTSD. At Howell ReYou, you can access the treatments through IV infusions sessions with the professionals’ help to ensure a full recovery.
Below is all you need to know about Ketamine treatments and related side effects.
The process of treatment
The number one step of treatment is screening. Here a prescriber will get to understand your medical journey and all other medicines you have had in the past. They will also answer your questions concerning the treatments to help ease your mind. All of these aims to help determine if you are a perfect fit for the treatment before proceeding.
- Stage two involves getting ready for the sessions. At this stage, an integrator will educate you about the sessions. They will also address your questions regarding the same to ensure you are ready and comfortable.
- In the third stage, you get the infusions with the help of a prescriber. The prescriber will set you up for the treatment and can stay with you or leave you to go through the experience alone, depending on what you prefer.
- Stage four is the post-infusion period. The prescriber monitors your progress right after the session as the effects wear off. After that, the integrator walks you through your session to ensure you understand what just happened before releasing you to go home.
- Stage five is the final stage to ensure recovery. It involves journaling through your experience and talking about it with a therapist.
Depending on your response, there may be other sessions like these in the future to ensure your full recovery. Remember, various patients respond differently depending on the severity of the conditions, body weight and other factors.
Just like any other drug, ketamine treatments have various side effects on each individual. Among some of those side effects are;
However, these side effects only last a few minutes after the treatment. That is why the physicians will not allow you to drive home right after treatment. A family member or friend should be available to take you home to ensure your safety.
Why is Ketamine therapy effective?
- It works faster than other antidepressants. Unlike the traditional antidepressants that you need to take for an extended period to see results, ketamine positively resets the brain cells within minutes of treatment, promoting faster recovery.
- Apart from acting faster than traditional antidepressants, ketamine treatment results are long-lasting even after finishing your sessions. However, some patients may require booster infusions as part of recovery, depending on how the body reacts to the treatment.
Ketamine treatment is an effective treatment option for those struggling with mental disorders. However, it works best under the correct administration from qualified professionals. So, if you or someone you know struggles with mental illness, don’t hesitate to book a free consultation at ReYou Ketamine Treatments.