Benefits of Beeswax Candles & Where to Buy Beeswax Candles
The amount of people using beeswax candles is growing in number day by day these days due to their various benefits. Besides, these candles are a little expensive when compared to standard candles. Even though they are a little costlier than the traditional candles, people still prefer to use them daily in their homes.
Beeswax is a wax made inside the hive of the genus Apis honey bees. It is made by worker bees, which produce the wax in an almost clear liquid form from 8 mirror glands of the abdomen, and once in the air, it hardens into wax scales. Worker bees 12-18 days old have the most prominent glands and produce the most wax. When the wax is first secreted, the scales are almost pure white, but as it gets incorporated with propolis and pollen oil by the worker bees, it gets more yellow or brown.
Keep reading to know why people love these beeswax candles.
- Chemical Free: Beeswax candles are entirely chemical-free, so you can use them without a second thought. However, some manufacturers use chemicals in them. Hence, checking the label before buying beeswax candles is essential to ensure they are 100% natural.
- Burns Longer: When it comes to Beeswax candles, they generally burn for more time when compared to regular candles like soy candles or paraffin candles.
- Soot Free: Unlike regular candles, Beeswax candles don’t produce soot. Beeswax candles don’t contain any added fragrances. They don’t have harmful ingredients, so they are safe to use.
- Burns Brighter: Beeswax candles generally burn brighter and more robust when compared to soy candles and paraffin candles. You will love their beauty when you light them in your home.
- Allergies: People with allergies and asthma could use these beeswax candles as they are safe. Susceptible people must avoid using paraffin candles as they can worsen their allergies.
- Relaxing Effect: These candles look very relaxing. You will feel very refreshed with this type of candle. They can create a calm atmosphere in your home.
- Removes Toxins: They remove the toxins from the air and help everyone by creating a cleaner environment.
- Smells Great: They smell great when compared to standard candles. The surprising part is they smell great naturally. This means no artificial fragrances are added to them.
How To Store Beeswax Candles
Store beeswax candles in a dry and cool place always. When beeswax candles are exposed to sunlight for a long time, they may get soft. Hence, avoid storing them in areas that are exposed to direct sunlight.
Where to Buy Beeswax Candles
If you are in the market for beeswax candles, it’s always best to do business locally whenever possible so type the words “beeswax candles near me” into the search box of your favorite search engine. Make sure you check their reviews because many unscrupulous vendors on the internet sell “beeswax candles.” Even if they appear in local listings, they might buy fake beeswax candles overseas, repackage them, and sell them to unsuspecting buyers.
Another search phrase to use would be “beeswax candles made in the USA.”
It would help if you always chose a trustworthy seller online to find the best quality beeswax candles. You can take the help of the customer reviews to find a reliable seller online—the better the reviews, the better-quality candles you can expect. Think twice when you see any offers online. Please do your research about them and then make a decision. Otherwise, you may end up buying poor-quality beeswax candles. Take your time and find a good seller online and buy your beeswax candles from reputable companies.
Beeswax Candle Burning Tips
- Never leave any burning candle unattended.
- Keep all burning candles away from pets and children.
- Keep all burning candles away from flammable materials.
- Remove any paper labels from candles before lighting.
- Only Burn candles in a draft-free environment, away from open windows, fans, and air ducts, to prevent smoking or dripping.
- Always light candle wicks from the base of the wick so the beeswax will absorb into the wick.
- Keep the wick trimmed to about 1/4″.
Celebrate the big days in your life with beeswax candles to make them more memorable!