Post Covid-19, the need to focus on health has become more important than ever. Especially if you are travelling outside your country, taking proper precautions for your health is an absolute necessity. Why? Because anything can happen while travelling and without taking measures beforehand, you might face troubles.
The healthcare costs are expensive in the US and even a doctor visit can cost you dollars, let aside any medical emergency. This is where the need for a health insurance comes in. Insurance plans are designed so that health care gets affordable because without them, most people would have struggled to get proper treatment.
But the question is, if you are not an US citizen, can you buy health insurance? Absolutely!
Benefits of Health Insurance
Let’s face it, health care can be very expensive. Thus, it is important to plan your health-related finances ahead of time. With health insurance, you can cover any unexpected costs if you get sick or injured.
Getting health insurance can have multiple benefits including:
- Health insurance can help prevent financial burdens in case you face any unforeseen, high medical costs.
- Health insurance helps prevent illness in the first place as you get easy access to routine, preventive check-ups to keep your health in check.
- Your insurance covers all the essential health benefits needed to help you stay healthy including regular medical care, preventive care, and mental care as well.
- With health insurance, you get access to its network of doctors and listed hospitals which makes it easier to find the help you need at a lower cost.
- Health insurance has disease management programs in case you have any chronic health conditions like diabetes, depression, etc. This ensures your health is always kept on top priority.
Health insurance for non-US citizens
The United States does not provide health insurance for foreigners. Thus, if you are not a citizen or resident of the US, you will have to buy visitor health insurance plans.
There are a number of private plans to protect you from any medical emergency, but you need to choose the right one to enjoy the benefits.
Let’s talk about the three different types of health insurance plans in the US:
- Fee-for-service plans: These are the most expensive as well the best plans available that offers the most flexibility.
- Preferred provider organizations(PPOs): These plans give you a list of health service providers to choose from and thus are more flexible when it comes to choosing a provider.
- Health maintenance oganizations(HMOs): These plans offer lower co-payments but come with a limited list of health care providers.
How to choose the right health insurance?
Choosing the right health insurance is the hardest and the most important part. Afterall, who would want to end up putting their money into a plan that doesn’t align with their goals?
While deciding which insurance plan you should go for, make sure you ask:
- Does the plan you are about to buy let you go to a healthcare service provider of your choice?
- Does the plan cover for eye and dental treatments?
- Are special conditions or pregnancy covered?
- Does the plan cover for pre-existing conditions as well as Covid-19.
- Are there deductibles and the co-payments to meet?
- What is the maximum amount of money you will have to pay out of your pocket to cover expenses?
After having a clear understanding of what the plan provides, you can choose the one that aligns with your requirements. In case you feel stuck, consulting the experts is the best option.
Health insurance plan recommendations
Some of the best health insurance for foreigners available include:
- Safe Travel USA Comprehensive with a cost of $69 per month.
- Patriot America costs $72 per month.
- Patriot America Plus with a cost of $71 per month.
- Atlas America and costs $80 a month.
- Liaison Travel costs $84 per month.
- Patriot Platinum America costs $142 per month.
The premium shown is for a 45 year old with a $50,000 policy maximum and $250 deductible
Limited Benefits plans
- Visitor Care Insurance: $31 per month.
- Safe Travels Limited Benefits: $30 per month.
- Inbound USA Insurance: $42 per month.
The premium shown is for a 45 year old with a $50,000 policy maximum and $100 deductible.
You should visit this site : ikgrand.
If you are planning to visit the US, the first thing you should consider is purchasing your health insurance plan. Not to mention, talk to the right person and get the right guidance before buying. Look if the plans provide sufficient amount of coverage. Don’t let any medical emergency come in your way and ruin your good moments. Are you ready to make the most out your next trip?
Read more about : newsfilter.