Appearance plays a major role in personal life and having yellow teeth doesn’t help people. This somehow affects the person’s self confidence and the way they showcase their happiness. This is why people go for teeth whitening. Here in this blog, we are going to mention all about the Woodlands teeth whitening.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure since it is a fast, non-invasive, and cost-effective approach to brighten a smile. Men and women equally cherish whitening solutions, which are flexible to accommodate any budget, time period, or personality. There are both kinds of teeth whitening treatments available, whether you go for a dentist appointment or you can use the over the counter kit for teeth whitening.
Why Does Teeth Turn Yellow?
There are many reason that cause our teeth to turn yellow such as:
- Plaque buildup can also cause teeth to turn yellow.
- There are certain foods which can lead to yellow teeth.
- Many times teeth look yellow due to the enamel. When the enamel gets eroded it causes teeth to turn yellow.
The two main factors of teeth discoloration are intrinsic stains and extrinsic stains.
Extrinsic stains occur on the teeth’s surface of contact with dark-colored drinks, meals, and cigarettes, as well as normal wear and tear. On the other hand, intrinsic stains occur in the interior of teeth due to aging, exposure to minerals, trauma, etc.
What Are The Options Available For Teeth Whitening?
Thankfully, there are many more options available for teeth whitening today, here we are going to discuss some:
- Over the Counter Kits – These are the kits that are available in-store and can be used by individuals anywhere. Such kits contain gels, strips, etc that can be easily applied on teeth, however they are not that much effective compared to the other two options.
- Clinically Take-Home Kits – Many dentists believe that properly administered take-home brightening kits can provide the best long-term outcomes. Take-home kits include a convenient peroxide gel with a lower percentage that stays on the teeth for an hour or more.
- In-Office Whitening – If you are looking for an instant solution then in-office whitening is your option. All the procedure is performed by the dentist itself so there is less chance of any kind of error. In the treatment, they applied peroxide gel on the teeth in a regulated manner to get the best results. The peroxide is usually left on the teeth for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, totaling one hour