Proper scalp care can prevent hair loss problems, but there is a more permanent solution that you can trust. Scalp micropigmentation works to treat hair loss that demands long-term aftercare to make the result of the treatment last for years. Having nice hair will boost confidence and it is not as expensive as you think.
A healthy scalp will rely on the care instructions that you follow before and after the treatment. It is your responsibility to look after your scalp to avoid infections along the healing process. Use products urged by professionals to ease the pain during recovery.
Care Instructions Before Scalp Micropigmentation Treatment
Taking good care of your scalp is necessary even before SMP treatment. The following tips will prepare your scalp for the actual procedure:
- Consult your doctor in case you are taking medications, like ibuprofen, before the treatment. Taking any pain reliever must be stopped 48-hours prior to the first session. This is to ensure no side effects will arise in the process.
- Avoiding caffeine and alcohol a day before the treatment is vital to reduce pain.
- SMP treatment cannot work well on a dry scalp. Apply a water-based moisturizer on your scalp to prevent skin from flaking right after the first session.
- The SMP technician will ask for photos of your scalp to easily determine the main problem. Hair thinning and bald spots are just a few examples. Providing accurate solutions is more possible with the images you have shown.
- Research thoroughly what scalp micropigmentation is before taking any action. Know the terms and how it works to feel at ease as you go through the procedure. Then, find an SMP clinic that you think will work best for your budget and needs.
Short-Term Care Instructions After Scalp Micropigmentation Treatment
SMP treatment has to be done session after session. The first session is the most crucial part of the treatment as it makes the scalp highly sensitive. Keep being gentle with your scalp with these aftercare instructions:
- The scalp must remain dry within five days. Thus, restrict from enacting activities that can cause sweating. Soaking your scalp in water can ruin the pigment appearance. Experts allow washing the scalp with mild shampoo five days after the treatment.
- Scalp sensitiveness can also occur due to sun exposure. The UV rays are dangerous to the scalp, especially right after the treatment. It might cause discomfort and itchiness, however, wearing a hat or umbrella can help to protect your head.
- It is expected to notice swelling on the scalp days after SMP treatment. There is no reason to panic but using an iced towel can ease a puffy scalp. So, this side effect will be the least of your concerns.
- An itchy scalp is the worst enemy after SMP treatment. Try not to scratch the area with a comb to avoid ruining the pigments. But, you can gently rub the scalp with your fingertips to relieve itchiness.
Effective Ways to Maintain Scalp Pigment in the Long Run
Scalp micropigmentation is a long-term hair loss treatment that requires proper care. It will result in thicker and more beautiful hair through the years if well-maintained. The following tips can help to enjoy the full benefits of SMP treatment:
- Hair moisturizer plays a vital role in keeping your hair healthier each day. Look for a product that is suitable for a pigmented scalp. It should be applied to the scalp twice a day, after taking a bath and before sleeping. It will prevent dry scalp and make the pigment stay longer.
- It was mentioned that sunlight can ruin scalp pigments. Therefore, using sunscreen can help to prevent fading issues. The experts recommend sunscreens with SPF 50 or less to preserve the scalp color treatment.
- Stop using hair care products with alcohol content. Such a type of chemical can be easily absorbed by the scalp which could affect the micro pigment treatment. If your current hair care routine involves products that have alcohol in them, better look for other alternatives.
- Exfoliating your scalp is a good idea to eliminate dead skin cells each week. This is necessary to enhance the color of your scalp and make it more vibrant.
- It will take not less than five years for SMP to require a touch-up. It is similar to tattoos that can fade over time but can be easily restored with the help of experts. During the touch-up procedure, clients may ask the technician to customize their hairline and the color of the scalp.
Contact an SMP Technician For Your Needs
Finding a Melbourne SMP clinic is the first step to improving your scalp. Many people who are diagnosed with alopecia and other diseases that trigger hair loss consider SMP treatment as one of the best remedies. It helps to restore their hair appearance and give them confidence to go on with life. A minimum of three sessions can deliver the best possible results, with a year of free touch-up to realize your desired outcome. The effectiveness of SMP treatment will depend on your overall lifestyle. Its cost differs for each person’s needs and many more factors, like how long the treatment lasts.
Scalp micropigmentation is the best among hair loss solutions in the market. It would bring results after a few sessions with the right care procedures before, during, and after the treatment. Reach out to a reliable SMP clinic to get started.