Have you been feeling a little ‘meh’ lately? Perhaps you are unsatisfied in your career or you are desperate for a change of scenery. Or maybe you’ve always dreamed of moving abroad and starting a new life but never really believed it possible? Whatever the case, this is the article for you. We’re going to talk about the very real possibility of moving to Thailand, starting fresh, and living the life of your dreams!
Nothing holding you back?
If you have no children or other familial responsibilities, moving your life abroad is a very real possibility. In fact, even if you are married with children, many people move their families abroad and start a new life too!
You have to be honest with yourself. If you believe that your life would be better elsewhere, it’s time to starting taking the necessary steps to make it happen. You only live once, right?
It’s not as frightening as you think
The biggest thing holding people back is fear of the unknown. If that’s the case for you, why not start off with a long holiday to test the waters? Book a holiday to Thailand and do some exploring! Once you realise how wonderful the country is, and how beautiful the people are, that fear will slowly start fading away.
Where to begin?
You might be wondering, where does one begin with moving their life abroad? Here’s a step by step guide to help get you moving:
- Research your career prospects: There is plenty of work opportunity in Thailand. You don’t necessary need to carry on with the same type of work that you are currently in, but if you have a speciality that is in high-demand in Thailand (e.g., teaching, tech, marketing, etc.), then you will be able to find something suitable.
- Look into the necessary amenities: Think carefully about what you need to thrive and then start researching areas in Thailand that can tick all of the boxes. For example, if you are moving with children, you’ll want to look at areas that have decent international schools, healthcare facilities (e.g., Dental Care), and extracurricular activities. Fortunately, you’ll be pleasantly spoiled for choice.
- Search for property: The next step is to find a suitable property to invest in. You’ll find no shortage of houses for sale in Thailand. Or better yet, buy that beach-front villa you’ve always dreamed of!
- Arrange visas / work permit: If you apply for a job in advance, your new employer will be able to help you with arranging the necessary visas and work permits. It can feel a little overwhelming at first, but there are also Visa Companies that can make the process as painless as possible for you.
- Tie things up at home and jump: Once you have all of the necessary features in place in Thailand, tie up your loose ends at home and book those flights. Just go for it giveme5!