- A proper skincare routine can help you look and feel younger.
- Part of your skincare routine needs to include extra care around the eyes.
- The skin around your eyes is even thinner than the skin on the rest of your face, which means you need to be more careful around it.
- Some things you should avoid include not sleeping right, not eating healthily, and not protecting the skin from the sun.
Why It Is Important to Take Extra Care of the Eye Area
You’ve probably heard before how vital proper skincare is, generally. Your skin is your body’s largest organ, and it keeps you safe from outside elements. It is also often the first part of your body to show signs of aging. As you get older, the collagen and elastin that make up the structure of your skin begin to reduce. This means that your skin will start to sag and show creases and fine lines.
The skin on your face is more delicate than the skin on the rest of your body. You need to make sure to treat it gently. The skin around your eyes is even thinner, which means that you need an even more delicate touch for the area.
An anti-aging facial helps to eliminate sagging and reduce wrinkles around the eyes. It is essential to schedule an appointment with Arte Cuerpo‘s trained aesthetician before you choose anti-aging facial treatment. The specialist will determine what type of treatment suit your skin..
If you want to make sure you’re treating the skin around your eyes right, here are 9 habits you need to avoid:
1. Rubbing Your Eyes. Rubbing your eyes may feel good, but it’s not something you want to make a habit of. Because the skin around your eyes is so thin, rubbing it can affect it more than rubbing other parts of the body.
When you rub your eyes, you may begin to break the blood vessels located in the area, resulting in dark circles. To reduce dark circles, avoiding touching the area altogether is best.
2. Not Maintaining a Skincare Routine. If you want to keep your skin looking young and healthy, ensure that you’ve got an anti-aging stem cell therapy or proper skincare routine which is foundational.
Practice washing your face twice a day—once in the morning and once at night. Always use a moisturizer, and double-check the ingredients before you buy. Look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, which are proven to help retain moisture.
Maintaining a proper skincare routine will help all areas of your face stay young and healthy-looking, especially the eye area.
3. Not Using an Eye Cream. Washing your face regularly and applying a high-quality moisturizer is essential. But since your eye area needs special care, you need to make sure to use an eye cream. Do your research and keep an eye out for the best anti-aging eye creams available on the market.
An eye cream like Plexaderm could be beneficial for anyone looking for a good eye rejuvenation formula that will help prevent signs of tiredness and aging.
4. Not Wearing Sunglasses. A pair of sunglasses should be part of your everyday wardrobe. The sun may feel nice, but it can be extremely harmful to your skin. The UV rays that it emits can cause severe damage to your skin. Likewise, the repeated facial movements that you make when you squint in the sun can make wrinkles around the eye area appear faster.
Wearing sunglasses will keep your skin safe from those dangerous UV rays and keep you from needing to squint to see properly.
5. Not Eating Right. When it comes to skincare, many people only focus on topical elements. They forget about what’s going on inside of their bodies.
But, what you’re putting into your body plays just as big of a role as what you’re putting onto it. Do consume foods that are healthy for you. Look for foods that contain probiotics like yogurt and sauerkraut, and aim to eat lots of leafy greens and colorful fruit.
Not only will you feel amazing when you eat right, but you will look amazing, too!
6. Not Getting Enough Sleep. You have probably noticed those big, dark circles that appear under your eyes when you don’t sleep right. A rough night every once in a while isn’t anything to worry about. But if you consistently are deprived of enough sleep, then those circles could become a permanent fixture.
To reduce dark circles, aim to get some quality sleep every night. At least 7 to 8 hours to keep your eyes—and the rest of your skin—looking young and healthy.
7. Not Staying Hydrated. Applying moisturizers and using the best anti-aging eye creams can help you look younger and healthier, but they can only do so much.
One of the best ways to keep your skin hydrated is from the inside. It is why you should drink enough water every day. You’ve probably heard people say that you need to drink around 8 glasses per day. However, there is some debate as to whether 8 full glasses are necessary. Regardless, drink water regularly throughout the day, especially if you start feeling thirsty.
8. Smoking. Many people are aware of the dangers of cigarette smoking. It can cause a myriad of health problems and can make you look younger.
Because the skin around your eyes is so delicate, it can be particularly affected by smoking. So if you’ve been looking for a sign to quit, then this is it!
9. Not Visiting Your Optometrist. Your eye doctor is an expert when it comes to everything that has to do with your eyes. They’ll check your eyes for common eye diseases and illnesses and will also be able to check the areas around your eyes to make sure they are in good health.
If there’s something you’re particularly concerned about, they’ll be able to answer all your questions. Pay a visit to your optometrist for a routine checkup. botox treatment in boston is one of the most popular treatment for skin
Bonus Point: How to Prevent Eyes from Aging
If you’re looking for ways to keep your eyes looking young and at their best, consuming a healthy diet by adding all natural Dermal Repair Complex to it, getting enough sleep, and using sun protection will get the job done.
You should also make sure you’re using the right skincare products around your eyes. Products like Plexaderm can help you maintain a youthful look.
The Bottom Line
If you want to maintain your eyes’ health, keeping up with healthy habits is equally important. You should know what to do to keep the area in good shape, as well as what you need to avoid. Follow the above tips and see and feel the difference that they make around your eyes for yourself.